Friday, 1 October 2010

Pin Hole Camera

Step 1- The very first thing I did to make my Pin hole camera, was to bring in a small cardboard box from home. This will be used as the frame of the camera.

Step 2- I then decided were my camera lens is going to be, drawed a small rectangle shape, then cut it out with scissors.

Step 3- After that i got black paint and painted all the inside of my box, black. This is so no light will reflect of the box, on to the lens and affect my pictures.

Step 4- When the paint has dried, the teacher gave us all a small bit aluminium viol, which will cover the cut out rectangle shape. This is the 'lens'. Its were my photos will be taking and produced.


Step 5- I then sealed my box with black masking tape, as well as sealing any open areas which will cause light to come through. This is because we don’t want any light reflecting on the aluminium viol (lens) as it will affect the picture.

Step 6- The final thing was to create a 'shutter' which will cover the lens so no light will get through. I did this by using a small bit of cardboard, same size as the aluminium viol. Stuck one side of the shutter near the lens and left the side free, so you can open or shut it. I did however stuck a small bit of duck tape
On the open side so when u want to close it, it will stay, it won’t flap around.

Step 7-After that we went into the 'dark room' were all our pictures will be produced. And cut out some photographic paper which is the 'camera film', and stuck it inside of my box, then sealed it with black duck tape, sop no light is getting through.

Step 8-As I have now finished making my pin hole camera, we went out in two's to take the pictures. My first picture I took was outside of the college near the car park, on the grass, looking over some bushes to the college. I had to leave my pin hole camera for no more then 15 seconds, which I timed on my phone. After the 15 seconds was up I quickly closed my shutter so I don’t over expose it.

Step 9- As I have now took my picture I went back to the dark room to develop and see what it has come out as. I undone the duck tape, took out my photographic paper and quickly put it in one of the three liquids. The first one was, developer, leave it in there for at least 30 seconds, then moved the picture to stop, then fix, then finally stop again.

Step 10- Then finally I have got my photos. I can see what they look like, if they came out as well as I want them to and I can see what I have done wrong e.g. left them for to long or not longer enough, my pin hole is letting through light, so on.


This is one of the photos I took with my pin whole camera. It’s just outside of the college, on the grass looking over to some near by bushes.



Step 11- After I took all the pictures I scanned them on to my computer, onto Adobe Photoshop, were I got to adjust my photos. I cropped them, capturing only the detailed bit, and then I inverted each one so I had a positive and a negative of each photo.
 





This is the same photo from above but I uploaded it on Photoshop and inverted the image. This makes it a negative to a positive. To do this I simply highlighted the whole picture, right clicked on the down button on the left hand side of the screen next to 'masks' and go down to invert and click.



Then finally you have completed pictures with an Invert of each.
















No comments:

Post a Comment